Student Involvement Commissioner
On the secondary school level, PTA expands to include students. Students are encouraged to become members, making PTA at the school PTSA. Local PTSAs include students in leadership activities and events. Students are organized at the local level in different ways as best fits each individual school.
Student Involvement Commission
Utah State PTA
PTSA is a PTA at a middle school or high school that recognize students as members. The student group is led by students with a parent volunteer (i.e. PTA Board Position) for mentoring. The students focus on service – either to the school, the student body, or outside community. To begin your student group, find incentives to join: best parking spot, gift card, traveling trophy between schools.
· Their goal is to eliminate underage drinking in Utah. View their ads on Youtube!
· They provide many downloadable resources to use at your school!
· They also award grants for local programs. Email Ulises@utahpta.org for details.
· http://parentsempowered.org/ or follow them on Facebook
Utah Healthy Relationship Taskforce (UHRT)
· Their goal is to promote healthy and respectful relationships and support those affected by dating violence through advocacy, education, prevention, and treatment.
Utah Teen Driving Taskforce
· Reduce the rate of motor vehicle crashes and deaths in Utah among teens ages 13-19
· Develop, support, and advocate for effective teen driving policies
Utah PTA Student Events:
· Student Leadership Committee:
- Monthly meetings (1st Sat.at 9am) that your students call attend or call in
- Plan & Realize projects/events
- Scholarships & service Awards
· PTA Day @ The Capitol: Feb 26, 2016
- One Day Student Track
- See and Experience the legislative process
- Meet Senators & Representatives
· Battle of the Bands (9th to 12th grade): State competition April 9th at SLCC
- Opportunity to develop and showcase students' musical talents
- Awards, prices and highlights
- Development of New Logo
· Student Leadership Conference (Summer)
- Leadership training
- Team Building experiences
The Utah PTA Student Involvement Commission sponsors Battle of the Bands, a yearly event where bands from high schools accross the state come together to compete for prizes. In past years, prizes included an opportunity to create a music video, studio time, CD’s, and preformance time at the Salt Lake Arts Festival, and more.
State Battle of the Bands April 9, 2016
BOB Starts at 6:00 p.m.
Grand Theater Salt Lake Community College.
Learn more at the Battle of the Bands page.
How many of your loved ones would you want to see get seriously hurt in a crash?
Zero is our answer too.
Our goal is to make Utah’s roads safer and to keep teens like you alive.
On this site, you can check out interesting facts
Read about people that will never drive again, and most importantly learn how you can stay alive behind the wheel.
Institute for Educational Advancement
The Institute for Educational Advancement is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation's most talented young people to identify and develop their fullest potential. The Institute focuses its attention on creating and supporting educational practices and policies that are student-centered and that promote academic rigor, high standards, excellence in the arts and educational innovation. To meet our goals and achieve our mission, we provide a variety of programs and services designed specifically for the gifted community. For more information, please visit http://www.educationaladvancement.org.
Young people's ideas and opinions are important. PTSA clubs provide a good opportunity to develop leadership skills, communication skills, and investment in their own communities. To have a successful PTSA, students need to "own" it and be interested.