Vacancy, Director of Communication
Utah PTA Board of Directors Vacancy
The Utah PTA Board of Directors declares the postion of Utah PTA Diector of Communication open. The Nominee will fill for the completion of the 2016-2017 term. It is a 1 year postion beginning July 1, 2017 and the term will end June 30, 2018.
Qualifiation for the Director of Communication are;
1. Must be a member of a Local PTA
2. Must have previously served at least one (1) complete term on the Utah PTA Board of Directors within the past 5 years.
3. Must have served one terme as the President of a Local PTA. (Article II. Executive (Officers) Section A (3))
4. Ability to serve on the Utah PTA Board Directors as an executive member and attend all executive committee meetings and Utah PTA Board meetings.
5. The nominee is a member of the Utah PTA Legislative Advocacy Committee (LAC) which meets monthly. During the Legislative session the LAC meets weekly to discuss legislation and the nominee will read legislation and be part of the discussion to recommend the position Utah PTA will have on bills followed by Utah PTA.
6. The nominee will serve on the Utah PTA Board of Directors which meets 6 times annually, usually on Wednesday and Thursday of the first full week of the monts to include, July, September, November, January, March, and May/June
7. The nominee will be involved in three (3) Utah PTA Conferences, October--Legislative Advocacy Conference, February--PTA Day at the Capitol, and May/June--Leadership Convention. There are duties and responsibilities related to each of the conferences/conventions for the nominee.
Please email or mail forms to the Utah PTA President:
email: Mauvia Christensen, Chair of the Nominating Committee at: email@example.com (include Nominee in the Subject Line)
mail: Utah PTA State Office, 5192 Greenpine Drive, SLC, Utah 84123 (include "Nomination" on the envelope)
Emails and Mail must be dated by midnight March 21, 2017.
Attached below is the Job description for the Director of Communication for your information.