Vacancy -- Utah PTA Health Commissioner
Utah PTA Declares a Vacancy in the Position of Health Commissioners
The Utah PTA has announced the opening on the Utah PTA Board of Directors for the position of Utah PTA Health Commissioner. The Nominee will fill for the completion of the 2016-2017 term. It is a 1 year postion beginning July 1, 2017 and the term will end June 30, 2018.
Qualification and responsibilites of the postion include:
1. The nominee must be a member of a local PTA.
2. The nominee will serve on the Utah PTA Board of Directors which meets 6 times annually, usually on Wednesday and Thursday of the first full week of the monts to include, July, September, November, January, March, and May.
3. The nominee will chair the Health Commission Committee which usually meets in September, November, January in conjunction with the Utah PTA Board of Directors meetings. Meeting may be scheduled at others times as needed by the commission.
4. The nominee is a member of the Utah PTA Legislative Advocacy Committee (LAC) which meets monthly. During the Legislative session the LAC meets weekly to discuss legislation and the nominee will read legislation, work with Legislators, and recommend the position Utah PTA will have on the bills followed related to health issues. Positions on the bills will be recommended by the nominee based on Utah PTA Health resolutions.
5. The nominee will be involved in three (3) Utah PTA Conferences, October--Legislative Advocacy Conference, February--PTA Day at the Capitol, and May--Leadership Convention. There are duties and responsibilities related to each of the conferences/conventions for the nominee.
6. The nominee does serve on and attend various committees and agency meetings related to health throughout the year.
The Utah PTA Health Commissioner works with the Utah PTA Programs Vice President and the Director of Advocacy
Please email or mail forms to the Utah PTA President:
email: Mauvia Christensen - , firstname.lastname@example.org (include Nominee in the Subject Line)
mail: Utah PTA State Office, 5192 Greenpine Drive, SLC, Utah 84123 (include "Nomination" on the envelope)
Emails and Mail must be dated by midnight March 31, 2017.
Attached below is the Utah PTA Form for Recommending Nominees for Uta PTA Officers, Directors, Commissioenrs, and Representatives.
Also attached is a job description for the position of Utah PTA Health Commissioner.
Note: Please disregard the date due on the form and send all forms to the Utah PTA office by November 30, 2015.